What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent from a website and stored in the user’s web browser while a user is browsing a website.
When users visit the same website again, the browser sends cookies back to the website allowing the website to recognise the user and remember personalised user details or preferences. Find out how to manage or disable them at www.aboutcookies.org.
Please note that if you choose to opt-out of receiving cookies, you may lose some features and functionality of the Mervue.ie website. For example, you will be unable to successfully use the Mervue.ie shopping cart.
Which cookies does Mervue.ie use?
When you use the Mervue.ie website the following types of cookies can be set on your device:
- Strictly necessary cookies These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for. Some examples of these cookies include:
- Identifying you as being signed in to the Mervue.ie webshop and keeping you logged in throughout your visit.
- Remembering the content of your shopping cart while browsing the Mervue.ie website. These cookies don’t usually contain any personally identifiable information and are typically set by to provide specific services such as the Mervue.ie webshop.
- Performance cookies These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use the site and the data is merged with other users to enable us to improve how the site operates. For example, we utilise Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
For more information on how to manage cookies, including opt-out of performance cookies please visit this page.
- Functional cookies These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced and more personal features. These help us to provide you with a more tailored web browsing experience.
Some examples of such features include:
- Remembering items placed in your shopping cart from a previous visit
- Remembering your items saved to your wish list in the Mervue.ie shopping cart
If you have a Mervue.ie account, a cookie on your computer lets us remember your user name and email address so you don’t have to enter it again if you visit the webshop within a 24 hours period.
- Other third-party cookies Some cookies that have been set on our websites are not related to Mervue.ie. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Facebook, these service providers may set their own cookies on your web browser.
We do not control the use of these cookies and cannot access them due to the way that cookies work, as cookies can only be accessed by the party who originally set them. You should check the third-party websites for more information about these cookies.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience
- Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website
- We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.